Sept 26 – Special Meeting
Lots of reports; Student Enrollment, Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Budget, School Recognition, FMLA for Occupational Therapist… Gene Logas brought his typical arsenal of documentation again – that guy is a machine! 🙂
Oct 3 – Special Meeting
Absolutely NOTHING! How do you have NOTHING on the Agenda, and NOTHING in the minutes 3 weeks later? Nothing?!?
Oct 17th – Regular Meeting
- Lots of Recognitions, mostly stuff (Good stuff!) put out by Lynn Peisker via the KCN, Facebook and Press Releases.
- A Student Enrollment segment that has a chart and supporting documentation, showing slow but steady increase in enrollment.
- A couple of interesting donations:
- 1. Unit 4 parent’s donation for an augmentative communication device valued at $8,000
- 2. Westview PTA’s donation of $5,374.50 to purchase promethean boards for classroom use
- Low-cost Laptop Grant for BTW and Stratton. Not finding ANY details outside of Lynn’s March 31 Press Release. Would like to see the grant itself, how professional development is provisioned, how the state and Unit 4 will “monitor progress”. What brand/models were purchases, how many? When will they be ready? How will teachers integrate them into the curriculum, including teaching kids how to use a mouse, login, etc?
[update: from a FOIA request, I now have the grant documentation – another long read]
- Change Orders for BTW and Garden Hills
- HR Changes – 11 Resignations? Wow
Oct 24 – Special Meeting
- Student Information System: A good history of where this software has been. Bottomline = BIG MONEY:
- “The upgrade cost was $250,000. The total annual renewal cost is $66,000 for eSchool. The total renewal cost for Finance Plus and eSchool is $109,000.”
- Man I hate big software companies. Even small ones for that matter, if they are going to charge this kind of money.
- A report of “Discipline Carryover”. Not sure why it was talked about. Requirement?
- EEE Committee: 7 new members recommended to join the EEE. I’ll have to double-check to see who had 3-year terms and will be sticking around.
- Amy Armstrong
- Gianina Baker
- Sarah Evans
- Minnie Pearson
- Stanley Yanchus
- Human Resource Changes: While not mentioned in the agenda, we find out through the NG that Beth Shepperd announced her resignation and plans to follow Culver and Norris to St. Louis. We also learn that Susie Solis will be joining them.