Just looking through the Nov 5 Regular Board Meeting agenda posted on BoardDocs and spotted a few things; it is my intention to chew on these and respond later, but I at least wanted to mention these so others could be thinking and commenting as well. The “Controlled Choice” is what prompted me to make this post.
- What is School Board Member Day (Nov 15)? 🙂
- Schools of Controlled Choice Seat Assignment – lots of modifications to the written Policy, including the global replacement of the word ‘Lottery’ with ‘assignment’
- Eliminate Proximity A and B. With the addition of a new school in Savoy, there is no longer a need to have both a Proximity A and B. All households have a Proximity school.
- Magnet Registration will be concurrent with March Kindergarten registration.
- Wait list for both elementary and middle school will expire at the end of the first semester.
On top of all that, current Board President Sue Grey has been promoted to CEO of the local United Way (NG article) and according to the News-Gazette will step down as BOE President; the NG reports a finding in the School Board Policy that the VP usually takes over, that being Stig Lanesskog. Congrats to Sue Grey!!