Over the next month, I would like to develop a list of questions for new school board candidates. What questions do you feel are important to ask?
Here are some thoughts I have:
- In your opinion, what are the top three challenges facing the school district? How do you intend to address them during your term?
- In your opinion, what is the purpose of the school board?
- During the first year of your term, the Public Engagement Firm (DeJong-Richter & Fallon Research) will be preparing for a March 2014 referendum. How will you bring the voice of the taxpayers to the Futures Facilities Steering Committee?
- What are your strengths and how will those strengths mesh with the incumbent board members?
- Identify three areas the school district is doing well in, and how you will champion those areas so they continue to do well.