Agenda for tonight: http://www.boarddocs.com/il/champil/Board.nsf/public
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda (Items may not be considered in the same order as the agenda)
- Executive Session – 5:30 p.m.
- Public Comments
- Public Comment on Agenda & Non-Agenda Items
- Communications from CFT
- Communications from CESP
- Communications from PTA Council
- Communications from Board Members
- Informational Items
- Upcoming Events
- Reports: New Business
- Middle School After School Programming/40North Grant: Angela Smith This item has files attached
- Engaging Solutions Presentation: Matt Foster This item has files attached
- Preliminary FY14 Budget Presentation: Matt Foster This item has files attached
- Action Agenda: New Business
- Administrative Appointment: Ken Kleber
- Bills and Treasurer’s Report – August: Matt Foster This item has files attached
- Promises Made, Promises Kept Committee: Dr. Judy Wiegand
- Approval of Robeson Change Order No. 3: Matt Foster This item has files attached
- Approval of Robeson Change Order No. 4: Matt Foster This item has files attached
- Approval of Carrie Busey Change Order No. 20: Matt Foster This item has files attached
- Approval of the Contract for Sale of Real Estate – 801 Pioneer St./806 Dennison St.: Tom Lockman
- Consent Agenda – New/Unfinished Business
- Motion to approve the Consent Agenda – New Business
- Human Resource Changes: Ken Kleber This item has files attached
- Minutes of August 5, 2013 and August 12, 2013
- Policy 415.07/R Minority and Female Business Enterprise Goals: Tom Lockman This item has files attached
- Policy 720.11R Exemption From Physical Activity: Tom Lockman This item has files attached
- Policy 415.06 – Vendor Relations: Tom Lockman This item has files attached
- FY14 Consolidated Grant Application to Serve Limited English Proficient (LEP) Students: Maria Alanis This item has files attached
- Executive Session
- Motion to move to Executive Session
- Open Session
- Reconvene in open session for possible action on items discussed in closed session.
- Motion to adjourn the meeting.
- Future Meetings
- Special Meeting: September 23, 2013, Regular Meeting: October 14, 2013, Special Meeting: October 28, 2013, Regular Meeting: December 9, 2013
Based on what transpired last week in terms of Kenwood, the discouragement of parents paying for PTA activities and the PTA Council, I expect there to be some comments during Public Comment and the timeslot for the PTA Council.
There are a number of line items dealing with a focus on minorities and women in the workplace (ie, 8.2, 10.4).
Sheri Williamson (PTA Council) and R. Scott Davis (CFT) being added to the PMPK committee (9.3).
9.7, the District is seeking approval to buy two properties for the Bus Garage. The Satellite view of google maps gives a good idea of what the area looks like, including the busses parked across the street. This was previously discussed in Executive (Closed) session.
In 10.7, we get to see a preliminary FY 2014 budget. I encourage you to read it and try to wrap your head around it; it is important that we start to ask questions. Now. I say that as a way to entice stakeholders to understand what all the numbers mean – I know I don’t.
There are a number of other things. I don’t fully understand or follow all the various change orders. There is a part of me scratching my head on why we need so many change orders. Also, I just happened to browse the online check register and noticed that we sent another %5750 to Dr. Alves last month even though his contract expired in May or June. The discussion of the Choice RFP is not on the agenda at all.
What catches your attention?