For those of you that dig the cross-section of Education and Technology (Educational Technology, aka EdTech), Stephanie Stuart sent out a notice for The Unit 4 CU EdTech Conference to be held in August. I find the whole thing fascinating – I gotta go look up what they did last year. 🙂
From Stephanie Stuart:
The Champaign Unit 4 Educational Technology Department is excited to announce the Champaign Unit 4 Educational Technology Conference 2014. Building from the success of our SMART Con last year, the CU4 Tech Con 2014 will focus on a wide variety of best practices in technology throughout education. Join educators from around the state in this low-cost, high energy learning and networking experience.
- Five session times allow you to customize a learning experience that allows you to personalize PD
- Sessions created by educators, for educators and connected to national technology standards (ISTE Standards for Teachers and Students)
- Over 60 sessions last year and even more expected this year – differentiated by grade level and content area
- Topics incorporating a focus on common core and use of technology to improve instruction and assessment
- Time to reflect, network, and plan for the new school year
All the info can be found here:
- PDF: http://cu4tech.weebly.com/uploads/1/3/8/6/13864881/cu_tech_con_2014.pdf
- CU4Tech website: http://cu4tech.weebly.com/
For more information, please feel free to reach out to Educational Technology Director David Hohman or our team of Educational Technology Coaches, who are copied on this message.
Community Relations Coordinator
Champaign Unit #4 School District
PS – Just a reminder; Dave Hohman and Matt Sly will be presenting on EdTech and Google App for Kids tomorrow (Thursday) at Carrie Busey for the PTA Council.