4 Year Term
Contact information from Champaign County Clerk’s webpage:
- 1902 W Kirby Ave, Champaign, IL 61821
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Alissia-Young-for-Champaign-Unit-4-School-Board/383532671818038
I had the privilege of meeting Alissia Young when we were interviewed in a group of 6 others at the April 16th, 2012 appointment (filling Greg Novak’s unfortunate absence). It sounds like her current goals are very similar to what they were a couple years ago, although she may have refined them.
- Family Participation: “make sure parents and families feel encouraged to get involved in their child’s education”
- Open Communication: “foster an environment of better communication between parents, the community, our children and the staff at our schools”
- Equitable Education: district should prioritize providing support for students that have certain obstacles