4 Year Term
Contact information from Champaign County Clerk’s webpage:
- 2207 O’Donnell Dr, Chamapign, IL 61821
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Kathy-Shannon-for-Unit-4-School-Board/1508933812700171
- Significantly increase availability and openess of board members via regular “office hours” and even a social media outlet like a blog to disclose what the board is thinking
- Meet regularly with building staff, including PTAs, as well as local community resources such as various departments at the University of Illinois (College of Ed, Urban & Regional Planning), and the park district, CUMTD, etc.
- Wants to make lasting changes to the way the board does its business such that future boards will be building upon a solid foundation; building trust is an important piece, as well as making board meetings more parent friendly.
Kathy Shannon and Kathy Richards share the following broad goals:
- Restore public trust, transparency, and civil discourse; change the current leadership.
- Complete a long-term facility plan which prioritizes infill development for updating and replacing school facilities.
- Ensure educational equity and justice; work to reduce disparities in achievement and discipline; enable greater access to opportunities.
In the Media