I have been offline a bit lately and several things have been happening. I do not expect to cover all of them, but here are some highlights that have hit my mailbox:
Two twitter chats, today and tomorrow
The Champaign County Economic Development Corporation (@CHCEDC) and Champaign Unit #4 Schools (@Unit4Schools) will kick off a new series of Twitter chats during the first week of August that cover various topics relevant to the District and Champaign County. The first two chats—scheduled for Tuesday, August 6 from 4-5 p.m. and Wednesday, August 7 from 10-11 a.m.—will focus on all things back-to-school and answer questions on topics such as enrollment, bus schedules, physical exams/forms, food service, the new District website, and anything else participants would like to ask. Use hashtag #AskUnit4.
Part 2 of the Board Retreat (concluding the first one in June)
The Board and the Administration completed rolling out the 6 goals for the Superintendent this year:
- The Superintendent will foster high academic achievement, wellness, and well-being among all learners in a safe, supportive environment.
- The Superintendent will align the District’s priorities and resources through a community-involved planning process implemented through focused action plans with regular progress reports.
- The Superintendent will retain, hire, and support highly qualified faculty and staff that will best serve the District’s diverse student population.
- The Superintendent will effectively and efficiently engage parents and other community stakeholders resulting in strong partnerships.
- The Superintendent will leverage the strength of the District’s diverse population to create a rich academic and social environment in each of the District’s schools.
- The Superintendent will revitalize, build, and maintain facilities that are safe, sustainable and allow equitable access to programming services across the District.
The goals we have set are ambitious, but I am confident that we have the talent and dedication to rise to the challenges that lie ahead. Below you will find each goal and a description of how we will work to achieve it. As your Superintendent, I will work with each of you to ensure our collective success.
CSUF received a $100k gift for CUScholars
eToys and entrepreneurship
Kerris Lee was officially sworn to the board last night; he brings a bit of experience with the eToys program at Kenwood via the MTSE (Mathematics, Science and Technology Education) office at the University. He has a passion to instill entrepreneur skills in students of all ages, and I am excited to learn more about his involvements at the University, Parkland and Unit 4.