Lots of interesting things in here. I’ll hit a few highlights that stand out to me, but you should read it for yourself:
- Lot’s of Recognitions
- Spotlight video on “building a high quality staff” – not yet on Vimeo so I can’t preview it
- Newly hired high school site selection consultants Gorski/Reifsteck will give their schtick – no presentation available via boarddocs
- District report card – only Bottenfield and South Side made AYP
- Three high school students being recognized as Student Abassadors – interesting program, and I have a number of outstanding questions to Joe Williams about it
- Local software company Codagami won the RFP bid for doing the Controlled Choice program to the tune of $98,500. No word on the actual contract, yet.
- Other Misc items including a number of things about finances (change orders, Tax levy, grants, donations, etc).
Curious if anyone even cares about the Choice Policy anymore. 🙂 I mean, I do, but I have not heard much back from readers at all, yet. The final draft is going in the Consent Agenda (meaning, along with ten other items, it gets voted on in bulk). They threw in the fact that Choice program will also assign students for middle schools, and I take that to mean middle school students who are not matriculating from a fifth-grade Unit 4 school (otherwise they would follow the feeder program).
Lastly, I have asked for and am still waiting to see the RFP concerning the high school site selection consultant.